Ultraviolet rays are an electromagnetic radiation capable of breaking molecular bonds through a photochemical effect.
- Low energy power (a few tenths of W/cm²)
- Low penetration into the material to be treated (order of magnitude of the wavelength)
The process requires the addition of photo-initiator agents for materials that are not photo-sensitive.
Applications and innovations
- Coating hardening (ink and polymerizable varnish) when printing on paper, cardboard, plastic, wood, tinplate, aluminium, textile
- Bacteriological actions, sterilization of solids ans liquids, air treatment
- Treatment of plastics before coating (automobile subcontracting)